One of the many things I used to look forward to in the upcoming school year is new school supplies. Although I am grown-up now, there is still nothing better than using a new pen, getting a new tote, or setting up a new planner. I just received this baby in the mail, and I thought I would give my thoughts and opinions, as a teacher, and hopefully it will help you decide if it is worth the cost.*
Here is my planner. As you can see the cover is very shiny, as it is a hard laminate plastic. This is the “Pattern Peaks” print with my name and school customized. The planner is 55 dollars, but I used a code that gave me 10 dollars off. Some of the teacher planners go all the way up to 70 dollars, due mainly to the design- metallics, etc. There are many designs to choose from, including customizing your own with a photo or artwork. Also, you can purchase new front and back covers to change the look of your planner anytime of year.
What I like about the planner:
- It’s pretty and colorful, it’s nice to look at each day.
- Weekly spread is easy to fill in with enough writing space.
- It has plenty of weeks to plan, so you could start early in the summer.
- Reusable Sheet Protector- I put my yearly calendar in here so it is easy to see at a quick glance.
- Lined pages after each month- great for notes or brainstorming.
- Stickers for Labeling- some already labeled, some blank.
- Folder- holds important papers that need to go back and forth from school to home.
What I dislike: Pages I will not use
- Classroom Volunteers Page
- Dry Erase inside covers
- Helpful Hints for the Substitute
- Birthday Pages
- Student-Checklist pages
- Absentee Students- we use software at school that keeps track of this
I think a lot of teacher products are marketed towards elementary-middle school teachers. If I were an elementary teacher I would use the pages that I considered dislikes, but as a high school teacher I will never use them. My solution is to use washi tape and re-label the page and use it for something else.
My final thoughts:
Although I have some dislikes about the planner, I think that this planner has everything I need to keep myself organized for the upcoming school year. I will use this planner not only for school plans, but personal day-to-day plans as well. This will be my fourth Erin Condren Planner (my 3rd teacher planner), and I would highly encourage any teacher to purchase this planner due to its all-in-one organizing capabilities. In fact, I convinced two teachers in my building to use this planner!
Also, there is no place else (that I found) that gives you such a well-thought out Teacher Planner that is good-looking, durable, and efficient. No matter what subject you teach or if you teach multiple subjects, this planner gives you plenty of room to organize all of your plans and materials.
Erin Condren Teacher Planner <— Find it here.
*This product was not sent to me, purchased with my own money, all opinions are my own.